Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Meeting new people


Elder Cox and McDaid with the sisters

Looking good Elder
Someone must of found some mnt dew :) silly kid



hello mom, i love you so much!
Well i know dad will share his email with you so I will tell you a different story.
We were all done with meeting our goals Saturday night, so we were just kinda walking around trying to just kill the goals. So we were trying to find someone new and we weren't having any success. Everyone was out having bonfires, getting drunk and no one wanted to talk to us. As we were walking past another bonfire we just were not gonna even try, so we continued walking. Well, i guess the lord had other plans cuz the guy goes, "Come on over here." and we were just like great now we're gonna get cussed out by some drunk guy. To our surprise he goes, "Hey we love you guys. We used to bring you guys in for hot chocolate when it was cold out. The conversations started to roll and we ended up teaching about the atonement and how we can apply it in our lives and they just loved it. Well, towards the end they gave us their phone number and address and told us that they would have us over for dinner some time and that we could talk to their 15 year old son. He had a lot of religious questions that he wanted a different perspective on so we will see how that goes, but before we left they pulled out the Smirnoff vodka and toasted to us and they all took a shot. ha ha One guy reminded me and looked just like the drunk guy from Otter Creek. ha ha
I love you so much
 
Hi Dad,
well shoot dang, it sounds like your having lots of fun over there. If I didn't tell you  I got to speak in church again a few weeks ago on obedience. I think it was one of the best talks I have given. I got to say the closing prayer this week, and I get to set up the sacrament and bless it every week. I never thought I would miss it but after not doing it for about 6 months I really did, I always just took advantage of doing it back home but I really love the opportunity that I have to do it now. My last comp always complained about how it wasn't his job, and now I know how you and mom felt when I complained and threw a fit about doing it.  Right now we are teaching a girl named Jordan Burgess and she is doing so well, and is so excited to just be a part of this church that she had two lesson in one day the other day. We taught he 2 other times this week, and are going to go over and teach her again tonight and have a family home evening with them. So soon enough she should be getting baptized too. She is originally from Organ, but got pregnant about 5 months ago out there. So her aunt took custody of her out here and started bring her to church, and she just loves it its great.
We are very hopeful and we hope that it will all work out. ha ha Love ya 
 
 
Hey Kasey,
 Its just killing me how big they are getting, I miss you all a ton but here is a funny story. So we were all done with meeting our goals Saturday night, so we were just kind of walking around trying to just kill the goals. We were trying to find some one new and we weren't having any success, and everyone was out having bonfires and getting drunk. No one wanted to talk to us and as we were walking past another bonfire we just were not going to even try, so we continued walking. I guess the lord had other plans cuz the guy goes, "come on over here" and we were just like great, now were gonna get cussed out by some drunk guy. To our surprise he goes "hey, we love you guys! we used to bring you guys in for hot chocolate when it was cold out, and the conversations started to roll. We ended up teaching about the atonement and how we can apply it in our life's, and they just loved it. Well towards the end they gave us there phone number, address and told us that they would have us over for dinner some time. they also said that we could talk to their 15 year old son, and that he had a lot of religious questions that he wanted a different perspective on. So we will see how that goes, but before we left the pulled out the Smirnoff vodka and toasted to us, and they all took a shot. ha ha one guy reminded me and looked just like the drunk guy from otter creek. ha ha
Well i love you so much

 

No comments:

Post a Comment