Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A successful week in the field

Hey Mommy, 
  I am doing awesome, we have been having success. We have a baptism set up for the 28th of this month, for a girl named Jordan. She is 15 and pregnant not by her choice though, and because of that situation she moved out here with her aunt who is a member. We started teaching her, and she is so excited to get baptized it is sooo cool. She gave up all her habits in a week, and hasn't even thought about them since. it has been a really great experience, and she is really committed and going to go through so, expect a lot of picture that week!!!! ha ha
  Then the guy that we were suppose to baptize, that was found drunk in the ally.... yeah so everyone we talked to said to keep on him, and push him to keep going. my comp and I didn't feel it was right. Well so he got to think about everything that happened, and on the day he was suppose to get baptized all the old lady's in the ward that he told called him up, and wanted to know what time it was. He had to tell them it wasn't, :( so i think that really hit him hard. Then the other day we went over to just see how he was doing, and he asked "so do I have to start all over?" and we said no but, you do have to stay clean for two weeks. Then on Sunday the bishop wants to make sure he is really committed this time, and told us that he needed to stay clean for a month, so we are keeping our fingers crossed. ha ha
  Then we are teaching a lady named Sunshine that has been doing very well, she has a little girl about Jacy's age and, a 3 year old boy that is autistic. He cant talk he just makes sounds but, we have taught her pretty much everything. I think she is scared to come to church because she has a pennicostal background, so she has bailed on us the last two weeks. Hopefully next week she'll come!!! well that's about it, I'm glad you had so much fun, and yes we had ribs, and that is the family that Jordan moved into. (The one that is getting baptized on the 28th!!!!) We love them they're the best. Yes I got your package, it was awesome I defiantly loved reading everyone's testimonies. I even teared up a little when i read dads and Kyle's, I guess cuz I don't here them often.
 
Did you get the 2 boxes that i sent home ??? Oh yeah, I got to be a witness at a wedding this week to. I got to sign there mirage certificate, ha it was awesome. Now they're going to have my name framed on the wall, its gonna be awesome!!!!! ha ha 
 I love you mommy 
 
 
 
 Sister Knotts
 
"I truly want to thank Elder Cox and Elder Nielsen for their help this evening.... I started to remember last summer's ordeal of heat rash and they came to my rescue!! Me: 50 whacks with the hatchet and still not through the trunk Elder Cox: did it in 3!! Of course I got it started for him.... right?"
 
 
Eating ribs at Jorden's aunts house
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 pictures from Quin Tuma

No comments:

Post a Comment