Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Finding the good in a hard time.

Kimber,
 Sounds like your haven a lot of fun !!!! I know you like cool stories so here we go, the other day we walked into the library and a kid that's 19 was sitting on the bench. He looks up at us and goes are you guys Mormons, and we said yes. He started asking questions and they weren't like dumb normal questions, they were like really inspired. He wanted to know and so we talked for about an hour and a half, he said "man I know god let our paths cross so I could talk to you" and he said "if they cross again then I will know that god is trying to tell me that you guys are from him." It was the coolest experience ever!!!! Then the funny thing the library director came over and was like, "hey, please do that somewhere else." cuz it was like the old time movies. We just had like 5 people from in the library gather around us and ask questions it was awesome.
Love Elder Cox

Kasey,

Hey you stinking punk, you didnt tell me you were gonna have me another little buddie geez. Is everyone getting pregnant over there? ha ha Well I hope your doing well, and that everyone is doing good I love you all!!!!  I know you like cool stories so here we go, the other day we walked into the library and a kid that's 19 was sitting on the bench. He looks up at us and goes are you guys Mormons, and we said yes. He started asking questions and they weren't like dumb normal questions, they were like really inspired. He wanted to know and so we talked for about an hour and a half, he said "man I know god let our paths cross so I could talk to you" and he said "if they cross again then I will know that god is trying to tell me that you guys are from him." It was the coolest experience ever!!!! Then the funny thing the library director came over and was like, "hey, please do that somewhere else." cuz it was like the old time movies. We just had like 5 people from in the library gather around us and ask questions it was awesome.
Love Elder Cox


This was from last week to my mom to keep it in order.

mom,
Yes I am doing much better this week, and I am getting a new companion tomorrow. I get to go back to my old area for transfers too, so its gonna be crazy. ha ha We had a great week, and had a excommunicated members get re baptized. We've been working with him, and had a lady come up to us and say "I wanna get baptized." I guess she lives with some members so that will be good!!
 Love you  


Elders qourum president 



Dear Mom,
My comp is from Price Utah, he is pretty cool. It was hard to leave Elder Laudie, but at the same time I wanted a change. The only bad part is that my new comp is just as lazy as I am, and so its hard to motivate myself to do a lot. Plus we had a guy named Greg that was suppose to get baptized this coming Saturday, and our high priest group leader stopped by this morning and informed us he found him in the ally drinking and smoking. So its not going to happen, and we have been working like crazy to try to get him to stay clean. He has a history of this, and has been investigating the church for like 4 years, but can't get a hold on his alcohol addiction. The bad part is that he just got out of an 8 month rehab. Its just making it really hard to wanna go out, and do anything when it seems like nothing you do is making a difference. I haven't been homesick so far but, its starting to kind of hit me with everything else going on. Other than that I'm doing well, I'm glad you guys got to go visit and stuff. I can't believe your getting rid of your garden and ripping out the curb that I worked so hard to put in, ha ha just kidding. but I love you mom so much !!  Love, Elder Cox



Elder Cox  out doing service for anyone who needs help...

  Look at that swing, dad and Kyle will be ready for the pro to help them out ;)

it's easy to say we don't have time with our busy lives to serve others, but like in Elder Cox's letters sometimes service is as easy as taking time to hear others, and answering questions. Other times it's having fun in the yard or house doing chores or helping one another pick up toy's or pull weed's. when I was younger I disliked some of these things but they have become some of the best memories. Any Cox child could tell you of the endless summer days out in the afternoon sun picking rocks, we hated it. but we were giving service to our parents, children don't often know what a big help a small thing really is. Now we have the best stories of hanging out with our siblings and all the trouble we got into well serving.
I also find that in serving others we only build and learn new talents, we can in turn share with others. I am so grateful for the church and that we can go and learn to be more Christ like so that we can return to live with him and our eternal family's again. 

don't forget if you want to write Elder Cox his updated address is in the WRITE ME tab at the top. also if you have a awesome letter from him you want to share you can email it to me and ill post it right here!!:) kristincox5@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment