Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Doing the great work of the lord


 
our Kurtis is doing great so I'll just let him do the talking ....
We have a boy named Tristian that might make it to next weekend, he is 18 and we go over and help his mom a lot but she is not interested. He is and we have been teaching him and then right when we were going to ask him to be baptized, we couldn't get a hold of him. Its amazing what the devil will do to make things not happen, but we are trying supper hard.
 So I had an interview with my mission prez this week, it went really well. He did make me nervous though when he told me that he didn't think I realized just how big I am going to be in this mission, and that god has big plans for me to be a leader. Then he said that with in the next few transfers (it could be the next one) that I could be training, or be a district leader. Then he sat and told me that I had to decide right now if I am going to be the kind of missionary that set the standard, or am I going to be the kid that matches the standard. That's keeping me on my toes cuz I don't want to let him down, but apparently I am meant to go very far in this mission. Then he told me that I am a leader and people are going to follow me no matter what do. I have to decide were I am going cuz they are going to follow, I don't want to be the one to lead them down the wrong path. 
Well tell dad I say happy birthday, and they will have to send me a picture of the new boat. you will have to send me a picture of your quilt! Thanks for being right on top of things when I ask for them, I should of asked last week but, I have a pair of church shoes in my closet I think umm  if you wanted to send them with next package you send that would be fantastic. oh and some shoe laces mine are dyeing, but no hurry just in the next package. 
 I love you mom have an amazing day,
love kurtie
 
 
 
 
I was lucky enough to get two "letter's " this week. "five year's later".... he sent me one in the mail.
 
 
 
Dear my lovely sister,
how are you doing? I hope everything is going well! right now we are teaching a lady named Julie, she is 53 and she really believes everything we teach her. the only hard part is she lives in a nursing home and we have to have her daughter sign a paper saying we can take her out and sometimes that's a chore. we are helping her quit smoking it's crazy flipping everyone out here smokes it's nasty. she says that when the 26 cigarettes she has are gone that she's going to be done, so keep your fingers crossed !!!
well this last Wednesday the 11th I got to go up to the Columbus temple, it was perfect it's kind of weird walking in to a temple that is smaller then a church building. it was so amazing I just love the temple so much but sadly we only get to go every 6 months, but  I am grateful that I do get to go.
well I love you so much baby Bristol and I guess you to Kristin. no I love you all so much, send me a picture of my buddy I hear she is going to be as big as grandpa.
well I love you Kristin

Hey girl,
umm you need to pause your daughters life she is huge, and looks totally different I cant have that its not allowed.  My new comp and I are great we are getting along very well, we both sing a lot of country and he is my first comp that even likes country. Yeah its kind of sad not to change areas but its good also, cuz then I don't have to learn a lot of new stuff. But its hard cuz then I am the one that knows everything, and has to lead the other guy around all the time. This week he got his driving privileges back so he is starting to get the hang of things. We just get together and play games on p days, but its nice cuz then you get some time with other people and you get to just hang out. ummm I use to just make like pancakes, a lot of mac and cheese and grilled cheese but the comp I have now likes to shop separate, so I get hot pockets, party pizza and cereal. I make breakfast burritos a lot cuz a lady here gives us 2 dozen fresh eggs every week, so I eat a lot of eggs.  ummm my favorite thing was some iraq food it was good. awwww man I miss that girl so so so much!! umm for Easter what ever the heck you feel like sending me ha ha, Legos are great they are fun when your board.
love your brother

No comments:

Post a Comment