Monday, December 29, 2014

Coming unto christ

 having a missionary really changes ones perspective on Mondays...lol we got lots of emails today...

elder cox was telling me about a brother that lives with his sister that's 10 years older then him. they got to talking and he was telling them he is way close with his older sister to. he thought it was way cool to have that connection, with them and be able to relate. :)

now you get to read my mom's letter, because he is way better at updating her on EVERYTHING lol :)

We had a challenge in our zone this week and it was to have 60 member presents. we all only had to do 6 in the week, well we did seven and so did everyone else. So for reward we are having a fun day were we all get to meet at the church and play games. So I went on exchanges for the first time and we went to the really scary area of a place called middle town. I got to teach a lady who's house had 9 cats 10 pit bulls and cockroaches everywhere EWWWWW, I almost couldn't teach. it was good thing the other guy had been before and I guess was use to it oh well ha ha. They had me go up to a guy on the street and talk to him because that was something they thought I need work on. So they wanted me to try, and then they would give me pointers. Well I started talking to this guy and taught him a whole bunch and then got a return appointment, and said a prayer with him all in the middle of the street. When I asked him if we could pray he said sure and then stuck out his hands so we all held hands and said a prayer. I guess that's just what he has been taught.....
          
 Sorry I thought I was out of time but I wasn't, we started emailing then a guy we have been trying to talk to for weeks now called and said we could come over so we took the opportunity. He is an interesting dude, he really just doesn't know were he fits in life. He and another guy we met out here have both said "isn't it better to be a Christian for the sake of being one, and not to just get into heaven" it really made me think. If we are just doing stuff so that we can " rack up points " then whats gonna happen. I mean you really have to look at service as an opportunity to serve one of gods children, and not as an obligation to something to get in to heaven. well I thought that I would share that, I love you all so much have a fantastic day!

my dad got an email from Elder Cox

Kurtis has been reading about the devil getting cast out and was just thinking... if the devils been cast out dose that mean just his spirits here? what part of the devil is hanging around trying to interrupt all the good work going on, on the earth? just food for thought

this last weekend my parents got some packages shipped to Elder Cox and Sister Barclay with fun new years 2015 glasses,  some poppers and other goodies for them and there companions to start the new year off right :)

with the departure of our cousin Sister Wood leaving for the MTC January 14 we are going to have our hands full with all the missionary's out. what a great work these young Sister's and Elder are doing to help our lost heavenly siblings find there way back to our father in heaven.

I am so grateful that I get to do this blog for my brother, and I get to learn and grow threw him and the other missionary's out there. I think being able to see his testimony and spirit grow over the next two years is only going to make me and anyone else he talks to only want to be better, and to be a better member missionary. I am so grateful that I was raised in the church, and that we had such great parents that were amazing examples to us. I don't think heavenly father gives us more then we can deal with and I know that he will be right beside Kurtis helping him know what to say. I'm so grateful for my family and all that they do for me and what we can do together. family is so big for me and I am grateful for everything our big brother did for us so we can return back to him.

try and make it a priority this new year to keep your eye's open for anyone you know that the missionary's could help. it's up to all of us to make sure as much of us can return home to our heavenly father.

have a happy and safe New Year!!!!

                                                        Re in acting the nativity on Christmas eve




Elder Cox, Elder Day with Glenda Angle after her baptism this last Saturday. 

doodling on the apt sliding glass doors

a member gave Elder Cox a hat and some Justin boots but they are way to small for him. his loss William riddles gain ha

oh yeah check out his Ohio hoodie ^ :)

"see you next year, lol"




No comments:

Post a Comment