Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Listening to the Prophet


hey mom !!!!!
 teaching is going great, we hit the leadership standers again woooo hoooo!!! This week I got told I was a cereal killer by a guy in a sike unite in a nursing home. He told me he heard me say "I kill people" then I said oh really, I don't remember that, he looked at me like he was gonna strangle me. Then said yep, and I'm gonna be a cop one day and put away bad people like you. It was soooo funny, now every time we go in there he goes there is the Mormon killer, with all his wife's. Well the boy we were going to baptize started hiding from us, then when we ran him down one time he goes "I didn't wanna tell you this, but I don't have enough time to meet with you till the summer, but when summer hits I will get baptized." freaking agency makes me mad sometimes.  Conference was amazing they really hit on family's and so I just wanna take a sec and tell you all how grateful I am to have you, I love you so much and it means the world to me how much you support me, thank you so much I am so grateful to be a part of such a great family! I got one Easter package with candy and a coloring book that was great, I have almost colored half of it! Well I am suppose to tell you thanks from the housing coordinator, I have the cleanest elders apartment in the mission!!! ha ha I know you can"t believe it ha ha, our investigator Julie is gonna write you a letter. I guess about how great I am, and that she doesn't wanna return me ha ha.
love you all so much, 
love Kurtie

he got some play dough for Easter and this was his creation. :)



conference was amazing this year! so many great messages for everyone!

 I just wanted to add some good summaries of a few.. if you missed some or all of it, it 's online to read, watch and listen to so check it out Here

Choose to Believe

Elder L. Whitney Clayton
Of the Presidency of the Seventy
The decision to believe is the most important choice we ever make. It shapes all of our other decisions. …
Belief and testimony and faith are not passive principles. They do not just happen to us. Belief is something we choose—we hope for it, we work for it, and we sacrifice for it. We will not accidentally come to believe in the Savior and His gospel any more than we will accidentally pray or pay tithing. We actively choose to believe, just like we choose to keep other commandments. …
We likewise must give place for the hope that we will find spiritual light by embracing belief rather than choosing to doubt. Our actions are the evidence of our belief and become the substance of our faith. We are choosing to believe when we pray and when we read the scriptures. We are choosing to believe when we fast, when we keep the Sabbath day holy, and when we worship in the temple. We are choosing to believe when we are baptized and when we partake of the sacrament. We are choosing to believe when we repent and seek divine forgiveness and healing love.

Returning to Faith

Rosemary M. Wixom
Primary General President
This year Primary children are sharing the joy and the brightness of their faith in Jesus Christ when they sing the song “I Know That My Savior Loves Me.” They sing the truth: “I know He lives! ... My heart I give to Him.” Like Primary children, every one of us can strengthen our faith in Jesus Christ on our individual journey and find joy. …
… Answers to our sincere questions come when we earnestly seek and when we live the commandments. … Our faith can reach beyond the limits of current reason. …
As President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said: “We are all pilgrims seeking God’s light as we journey on the path of discipleship. We do not condemn others for the amount of light they may or may not have; rather, we nourish and encourage all light until it grows clear, bright, and true” (“Receiving a Testimony of Light and Truth,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2014, 22).
When the Primary children sing “A Child’s Prayer,” they ask: “Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child’s prayer?” (Children’s Songbook, 12–13).
We too may wonder, “Is Heavenly Father really there?” only to rejoice—as my friend did—when the answers come in quiet, simple assurances. I testify those simple assurances come as His will becomes ours.

Seeking the Lord


Elder José A. Teixeira
Of the Seventy
The more we understand the extraordinary role of Christ in our lives, the more conscious we become of our purpose here in mortality, which is to have joy. That joy, however, does not preclude us from experiencing trials and difficulties, even some so great and complex that they may lead us to think that happiness is not possible in such circumstances. …
I believe that as we deepen our understanding of the Savior, we will have an increased desire to live joyfully and a conviction that joy is possible. Consequently, we will have a greater ability to go about each day with more enthusiasm for life and for keeping the commandments of God, even in challenging circumstances. …
Every day, we should consider including frequent interactions with the teachings of Christ. …
The choices and priorities we make with our time online are decisive. They can determine our spiritual progress and maturity in the gospel and our desire to contribute to a better world and to live a more productive life.
For these reasons, I would like to mention three simple habits that will establish healthy online activity. …
Habit number 1: Visit the Church’s official website for resources. …
Habit number 2: Subscribe to the Church’s official social networks. …
Habit number 3: Make time to set aside your mobile devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment